Hibiscus Health Caribbean Inc
CanopyLearn: The NIH Award Winning Medical Spanish Courses
CanopyLearn Medical Spanish Online Courses
CanopyLearn Medical Spanish Online Courses are tailored for medical use and developed for the busy schedules of healthcare professionals. Medical topics have been spread across all three levels, covering major medical treatments of both physical and mental health as well as general knowledge to various medical specialties.
The wide spectrum of medical topics is the perfect learning resource not only for Medical students or Nursing students, but also healthcare professionals in different specialties including Medical Doctors(MD), Doctor of Osteopathic(DO), Physician Assistants(PA), Registered Nurses(RN), and Pharmacists.
- Greetings & Introduction
Work at the Clinics
Gastrointestinal (GI) terms
Basic Physical Exam Terms
Diet & Diabetes Terms
Major Trauma, Body parts, Minor Injury
Vaccinations & Allergies
Cancer & Internal Organs
Depression & Anxiety Terms
Headache & Migraine Terms
- Contraception & Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Cardiology & Myocardial Infarction (MI)
- Pneumology & Allergy Terms
- Pharmacy, Medicines, Dosage
- Urology Terms
- Obstetric Terms (OB-GYN)
- Pre- & Post-op Surgery Terms
- Elder Care Terms
- Alcohol Addiction & Drug Abuse
- Stroke Terms
- Tuberculosis Terms
- Metabolic Syndrome Terms
- Trauma & Critical Care
- Discharge Planning & Social Work
- Breast, Cervical & Uterine Cancer
- Well Baby Visit & Child Safety
- Palliative Care Terms
- HIV / AIDS Terms
- Depressions & Suicide
- Seizures Terms
Best Medical Spanish Program
Learn Culture by Watching an Original Telenovela
Learning a language is not just about learning vocabulary, grammar, or pronunciation.
In medical settings, becoming familiar with cultural differences for the patients you are communicating with is crucial. In Canopy Learn Medical Spanish, cultural modules are presented at each level – tailored for different medical specialties and presented in a series of customized medical telenovela episodes for you to learn with fun and ease.
Practice Your Pronunciation with a Virtual Tutor
Canopy Learn offers pronunciation training through virtual tutor videos that teach you mouth shapes, tongue positions and differences among sounds.
After each video session, you can also practice your pronunciation by recording your own voice and compare with the pre-recorded voice in Canopy’s interactive exercises!
Mock Diagnosis Via Patient Role Play
One of the highlights of the Canopy Learn Medical Spanish curriculum is that you can practice diagnosing patients in Spanish through dialogic role-plays. In each lesson, after you learn pronunciation, grammar and medical phrases, you will “interact” with your virtual patients by audio- recording your responses in Spanish for commonly used phrases. This allows you to experience authentic clinical scenarios and prepares you for communicating with your Spanish-speaking patients.
- Certification of Completion
- 7-Day Refund
- Access Code: hibiscus2020
- CanopyLearn Medical Spanish is a self-paced eLearning course. Completing the all-3-level medical Spanish courses on CanopyLearn does not guarantee you to achieve a certain level of scores on the CanopyCredential bilingual assessment.
- Enter the access code at the signup page when you create your account if applicable.
- Apply the promo code at the checkout page when you are about to pay if applicable.