LMSA x Canopy: The NIH-Funded Medical Spanish Courses & Proficiency Assessments
Through the establishment of this partnership, LMSA and Canopy intend to work together to raise awareness in the healthcare community about the communication barrier, to equip frontline clinicians and administrative professionals alike with highly effective tools, and to ultimately elevate the quality of care for the underserved communities.
CanopyLearn Medical Spanish Online Courses
CanopyLearn Medical Spanish Online Courses are tailored for medical use and developed for the busy schedules of healthcare professionals. Medical topics have been spread across all three levels, covering major medical treatments of both physical and mental health as well as general knowledge to various medical specialties.
The wide spectrum of medical topics is the perfect learning resource not only for Medical students or Nursing students, but also healthcare professionals in different specialties including Medical Doctors(MD), Doctor of Osteopathic(DO), Physician Assistants(PA), Registered Nurses(RN), and Pharmacists.
- Greetings & Introduction
Work at the Clinics
Gastrointestinal (GI) terms
Basic Physical Exam Terms
Diet & Diabetes Terms
Major Trauma, Body parts, Minor Injury
Vaccinations & Allergies
Cancer & Internal Organs
Depression & Anxiety Terms
Headache & Migraine Terms
- Contraception & Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Cardiology & Myocardial Infarction (MI)
- Pneumology & Allergy Terms
- Pharmacy, Medicines, Dosage
- Urology Terms
- Obstetric Terms (OB-GYN)
- Pre- & Post-op Surgery Terms
- Elder Care Terms
- Alcohol Addiction & Drug Abuse
- Stroke Terms
- Tuberculosis Terms
- Metabolic Syndrome Terms
- Trauma & Critical Care
- Discharge Planning & Social Work
- Breast, Cervical & Uterine Cancer
- Well Baby Visit & Child Safety
- Palliative Care Terms
- HIV / AIDS Terms
- Depressions & Suicide
- Seizures Terms
Best Medical Spanish Program
Learn Culture by Watching Customized Telenovela
Learning a language is not just about learning vocabulary, grammar, or pronunciation.
In medical settings, getting to know about cultural differences for the patients you are communicating with is crucial. In Canopy Learn Medical Spanish, cultural modules are presented at each level – tailored for different medical specialties and presented in a series of customized medical telenovela for you to learn with fun and ease.
Practice Your Pronunciation with a Tutor
Incorrect pronunciation or accents may be fine in most cases, yet fatal if you pronounce it mistakenly when speaking with your Spanish-speaking patients.
Better than listening to audios, Canopy offers a virtual tutor “stand by” in videos to teach you the correct pronunciation by showcasing mouth shapes, tongue positions, and the real sounds of vowels.
After each video session, you can also practice your pronunciation by recording your own voice and compare with the pre-recorded one in Canopy’s interactive exercises!
Mock Diagnosis a Patient Role Play
One of the highlights of the Canopy Medical Spanish curriculum is that you can diagnosis your “patients” in Spanish by role-playing on the platform.
In each lesson, after you learn the pronunciation, grammar, and medical phrases, you need to “interact” with your virtual patients by audio recording your responses in Spanish for commonly used phrases. This allows you to experience real scenarios in clinical settings and prepare you for communicating with your Hispanic patients.
CanopyCredential™ Bilingual Medical Proficiency Assessments
- Improve the safety and quality of patient care
- Decrease patient readmission rates in the LEP population
- Increase overall patient satisfaction and HCAHPS scores
For Residents & Providers
- Enrich your professional bilingual credentials
- Increase competitiveness of linguistic and culture
- Less stress and burnout when talking with LEP patients
- Significantly enhance patient communication accuracy & confidence
For Medical Students
- Increase the chance of hireability and residency match
- Effectively address health disparities through improved communication with LEP patients
- Shine on your clinical rotation when talking with LEP patients
- CanopyLearn Medical Spanish is a self-paced eLearning course. Completing the all-3-level medical Spanish courses on CanopyLearn does not guarantee you to achieve a certain level of scores on the CanopyCredential bilingual assessment.
- Enter the access code at the signup page when you create your account if applicable.
- Apply the promo code at the checkout page when you are about to pay if applicable.